Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Million Little pieces---A must read



Excerpt


"I wish I was her.
Why?
because it would be nice to have someone feel that way about me.
You've never been in love?
Not even close.
And no one's ever been in love with you?
Men always want to fuck me, but no one has ever loved me.
I don't believe it.
She stares at me.
Its true.
I stare back.
If it makes any difference, I don't want to fuck you.
She laughs.
Thanks.
I think you're beautiful, but I wouldn't fuck you because when we were done, I wouldn't want you to feel fucked. I would try to make love to you, and I would probably be clumsy and awkward, but when it was over, I would want you to feel loved.
She smiles.
Thank you, James.
I smile.
Thank you, Lilly.
We smile at each other and we look into each other's eyes and we speak to each other with the silence that lies between us. It is strong, smile and calm. The silence between us."

No comments: